Balance the here and now with your plans for what’s to come. I always struggle with living in the moment and the sense of freedom that comes with it and planning for my future. I have many goals for my future including both professional and family goals, which is something else I will learn to balance.
In this process we must follow who we are. We will not always do things the same as someone else or think the same as someone else and that is OK. As long as you feel good in your gut that you’re doing what is right for you then you’re set. Things will work out. Maybe not immediately but things will work out in time.
I made this image with some words that resonate with me and a picture I took. I hope it can make you feel a little bit of peace inside too.
Feel the fear and do it anyway. But how? This is confusing right? Because if I’m scared how can I make myself do something, make a decision, etc.
Well facing change and making weighted decisions is never easy, but we must do it anyway. This past year I have made some of my first really real choices in my life. I can get really worked up about my decision and ask advice from others and talk about it out loud, but the thing is no one can make these decisions for me. I have to be the one to decide and I will be the one that needs to sleep at night with my choice so it doesn’t matter who agrees or disagrees because it’s my life and I’m taking ownership.
Sometimes we think to ourselves, I’ll choose whatever makes me happy. Simple enough right?
This guideline seems so easy to follow, but in reality happiness has so many aspects to it. And yes this statement makes me a “thinker” because I do know people who have a happy is happy attitude and they truly are so simple about it, but for me it’s a very dynamic involved question- what makes me happy?
I can’t completely answer this question, but what I do know is that the only thing really helping me through all of this is following my gut. And trust me when I say something just feels right or feels wrong.
My advice to myself and to others through a big transition is two things
1) Let ourselves cry if we need to cry
2) Maintain a positive mindset (or create one!)
We need to cry if it helps release some tension inside and bring out some of those negative/ fear based feelings, but after that we must use positive thinking to keep us in a balanced place and looking forward.
Let us look forward toward the good that will come into our lives and the good souls around us. Let us feel grateful for who we are and the opportunities we have. ( I feel hesitant to say this last part because I am lucky to even say the “opportunities we have”- because not everyone is given these opportunities. Additionally, this is a privilege to even discuss this in my free time on a blog post. More about this in another blog to come.)
Now to wrap things up.
- Follow your gut
- Know yourself
- Feel what you feel
- Be positive
Happy June Everyone!
Time flies, doesn’t it?? I cannot believe it is already June. I hope this finds you at a happy time in your life. It’s a good time of year for a little self reflection and check in. Is 2014 what you expected? If not what needs to change? have you reached your short term goals or on the right track? Are you keeping up with your physical and emotional/mental health? Do you have good energy? Are you sleeping enough? How about time for fun?
The list goes on.
What is important to realize is that we are not perfect and our lives will never be “perfect” especially if we hold ourselves to high standards. I can’t speak for others, but I know I hold myself to very high standards and tons of expectations & this does not always lead to a positive spirit. I found it’s the little things each day that you can do to start working towards your goals. You must grab the bull by the horns and take on YOUR life. You choose what happens, you choose how to react, and you make your own happiness. As for me I just keep trying and trying again and find what works for me. Right now here are a few of my “things” I’m doing.
A few of my little favorite things
1) I started a water challenge! The first of my few favorite things (lately) I want to challenge myself to drink more water and be conscious of my water intake. It’s important as the summer heat comes to stay hydrated especially with an active lifestyle. It will also benefit my digestion and skin. My goal is 5 bottles of my Contigo waterbottle (20 oz.) a day plus whatever tea/applecider vinegar water I have.
2)I’ve also been enjoying Dandelion Root tea a few nights a week. I like the taste and it’s really calming for me. It’s said to be a good detox tea as well. You can try it out and see what you think!
3) BURPEES!!!! You’re probably wondering who in their right mind LOVES BURPEES?!?! It’s a love-dislike relationship, because I don’t really hate anything. I have been doing my fair share of burpees lately and they are oh-so good. My favorite time (in a crazy exercise enthusiast type of way) is after a WOD or hard workout. I do 25 with a few friends and they do the trick! just think if you did 25 burpees 4x a week[ just 2-3 minutes!] ontop of what you already do, that’s 100 burpees a week!
4) NomNomPaleo’s Frittata! I made it w/ Spicy Sausage, white onion, and chopped broccoli. I make it Sunday night so I have a quick delicious&nutritious breakfast ready for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
Recipe found @ link below!