This primal nachos hit the spot. I’m having fun this week using my Mexican/south western themed food. I will also post about my loaded south west baked sweet potato!
Ingredients for Primal Nachos
Plantain Chips ( I found mine at Trader Joes)
Diced Green Chiles (canned from Trader Joes)
Spicely Organics Mexican Seasoning (organic paprika, organic chili california, organic chili pasilla, organic onion, organic pepper, organic cumin, and organic oregano)
Grassfed Cheddar Cheese
1)Sautee diced onion and ground turkey in a little bit of grassfed butter. Add green chilies and Mexican seasoning. Sautee until ground turkey is cooked and onions are melted down.
2) Arrange plantain chips on wax paper on a baking sheet
3)Place ground turkey mixture ontop of chips and shred the grassfed cheddar on top
4)Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and chips may brown
5) Add chopped black olives, green onion and sliced avocado. pour salsa and enjoy!
**Another take on the Primal Nachos, is a spinach taco salad w/ plantain chips
Hello All! I’m Back!
I haven’t been blogging as much because you know…life. After some time went by, blogging just fell out of my routine, but I’m still on my health journey and loving it! I’ve seen major improvements in my Crossfit workouts and my yoga practice, which makes me so happy! I also have been playing around and tweaking my diet.
Today I’m writing about Against All Grain’s chicken and roasted vegetable soup!
I made this soup last week and it lasted me all week! It was so tasty and not too heavy. I felt full and satisfied after eating it. For easy transportation to work, school,etc… use a mason jar! I mostly followed the recipe, but added some things of my own and/or swapped out ingredients.
- 1 Smoked whole Chicken from WholeFoods ( You can cook your own chicken, but this made the soup even easier, and it was easier to shred the chicken as well)
- 1 box of Organic Chicken Broth
- Butternut squash ( I ended up buying precut butternut squash cubes)
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 small/medium carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 white onion
- Italian Spices
- **Kale and Goat cheese for toppings
- In 425 degree oven, roast the onion, butternut squash, and carrots. Cut everything into cubes
- Roast for about 20 minutes, or until pretty soft
- In a large pot, warm the chicken broth ( use the whole thing) and shred about 1/2-3/4 of your whole chicken. It depends how much meat you want in your soup. I ended up saving a lot of the chicken breast for my salads throughout the week, and then shredded up the other meat, and I did this just with my hands
- Cut up the zucchini in 1/2 circle slices and celery into medium-thick slivers
- Add the chicken, zucchini, and celery into the broth
- Once roasted veggies are finished, add 1/2 of them straight into the soup and use the other half to puree with water. I used my magic bullet blender, ~1cup of water with the veggies.
- Add the puree to the soup
- Add your spices
- Let the soup simmer for long enough to make sure the zucchini and celery are cooked to the amount you like. I left mine on for about 15minutes after adding the chicken,zucchini, and celery
- Serve with raw green kale and goat cheese ( as in the lower left picture above)
If you like crispy roasted brussels sprouts, then this is for you!
I absolutely love the brussels sprout leafs that get extra crispy. Delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400degrees
- Cut brussels sprouts in quarters and place them on a baking pan
- Melt coconut oil
- Then drizzle coconut oil and olive oil over the brussels sprouts.
- Add salt &pepper ( I use celtic sea salt)
- Mix everything together
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn them over
- Bake for another 10 minutes