1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 large pasture eggs
1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup balanced almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together.
2) Mix separately the wet ingredients.
3) Slowly whisky in the dry mixture into the wet.
4) Melt grassfed butter on your pan. For each pancake scoop 1/4 cup of pancake mixture and blot the batter so it flattens out evenly. The tip is to cook on low heat! Add more butter onto your pan between each batch. I made approx. 7 pancakes.
Enjoy and practice SELF LOVE!
1/2 organic orange
1 organic frozen banana
1 organic peeled persian cucumber
1 cup of water
1 handful of organic spinach (fresh or fresh frozen by you!)
Lately I’ve been really excited about making and EATING green smoothie bowls (aka smoothies with delicious toppings). I’m trying my best not to have them too often so they remain as a special treat and sweet tooth fix. In addition I know I can go overboard with fruits and nuts! The issue with fruit: it is just too much sugar, especially when I use fruit as toppings.
My go to smoothie, ingredients I almost always have on hand. You can always improvise and switch out spinach for any greens ( I do this a lot!) as well as add extra of everything to make a larger smoothie.
**any blender will do! I use a magic bullet! I can’t wait to get my hands on a Vitamix!
** place spinach closest to the blade or blend it first with the liquid to make sure it really gets broken up. The picture on the left is after the spinach was blended and the heavy fruit chunks were at the bottom getting mixed.
** frozen fruit works best for a thick non “icy” consistency
** when adding my liquid in this recipe water OR unsweetened vanilla almond milk I start with less and add more if the blender is having trouble mixing everything. When making a smoothie bowl you want the consistency to be thick. If you’re planning on just sipping on your smoothie than use the full amount of liquid.
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 3/4 cup of Frozen Raspberries
- large handful of organic spinach ~ 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of raw almond butter
- 3/4-1 cup of water OR unsweetened organic vanilla almond milk
- Chopped unsalted nuts ( raw or roasted)
- Fresh cut fruit
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Goji berries
- Sunflower seeds
- A dollop of nut butter
- Cocoa nibs
Pictured above are some of my smoothie bowl creations
Also known as buttercoffee is a high energy, filling, good for you morning drink!
The standard bulletproof coffee contains: grassfed butter & mct oil
Now you’re probably thinking: Butter in your coffee?! What’s MCT Oil? What does it do? Will I get fat?
Yes butter in your coffee, you heard me. Here’s the deal: MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil is the same thing found in coconut oil & contributes to long list of coconut oil benefits, but MCT oil is much more concentrated. The shorter length of the carbon chain, makes it fast energy & quick burning! Compared to longer chains, MCTs do not store in fat cells as easily and get burned off as energy more quickly.
What’s in my morning Bulletproof coffee?
1 cup of fresh brewed organic fair trade coffee
~1 tablespoon of Unsalted Grassfed butter
2 teaspoons of MCT oil ( you can build up to 2 Tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
~5-8 drops of organic liquid stevia
a shake of cinnamon
Then I blend it all together & you get the yummy frothy “latte” layer. I’ve been using the MagicBullet blender to mix mine every morning, just a few seconds on the blender & it’s perfect. I also add another shake of cinnamon on top of my finished coffee drink!
Are you a chocolate person??
–> Occasionally I will change it up & add 1-2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder! A Mocha fusion bulletproof coffee!
START YOUR DAY OFF RIGHT WITH A FILLING NUTRITIOUS BREAKFAST
I truly look forward to breakfast, it gives me good energy & keeps me full.
Change up your scramble
- Use different greens w/ your scramble, I alternate between spinach, kale, and arugula
- Use different veggies, remember you want COLORS! (butternut squash, different bell peppers, green onion, zucchini, onion, cilantro, mushrooms, asparagus)
- Add meat to the scramble: organic ground grassfed beef, ground turkey, organic chicken,bacon, and spicy sausage (Applegate is the brand I use)
- Try different fresh herbs ( Basil, Thyme)
- Pair it with salsa (homemade or organic jarred variety)
- Add avocado on top!
Today’s Veggie Egg Scramble:
- Organic zucchini
- Red onion
- Organic red bell pepper
- 1 organic free range egg
- W/ organic spinach & organic cherry tomatoes